Aarushi case: SC to hear Nupur Talwar`s plea tomorrow
New Delhi/Ghaziabad: The Supreme Court on Thursday agreed to hear Nupur Talwar’s plea seeking stay on the non-bailable warrant (NBW) issued by the special Ghaziabad court against her for not appearing for a hearing in the 2008 Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.
A bench of justices AK Patnaik and Swatanter Kumar refused to hear her plea today and said that it would be taken up tomorrow.
Nupur’s lawyer told the SC bench that her client will be personally present in court tomorrow. "She is not a fugitive and running away from justice," senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi, appearing for her, submitted, while seeking urgent hearing of the case.
Nupur Talwar is accused in the sensational 2008 murder case of her daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
Meanwhile, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) today continued its search for the dentist at various places in the national capital. The CBI has also issued a lookout notice for Nupur following the NBW.
A CBI team had gone to arrest Nupur Talwar at her residence yesterday but she was not found there. The searches were carried out at the Talwars` Azad Apartments residence in South Delhi by a team of officers wearing blue jackets with CBI emblazoned on them.
The court of Special Judicial Magistrate (CBI) Priti Singh issued the NBW after Nupur Talwar failed to appear for a hearing. Her dentist husband Rajesh Talwar, also an accused in the case, appeared before the court.
Nupur Talwar submitted an application before the court through her lawyer saying that since her review petition was to be heard by the Supreme Court on April 27, she could not turn up before the court on Wednesday.
Opposing her application, the CBI claimed that Nupur Talwar was willfully evading her appearance before the court.
At a hearing on March 14, Nupur Talwar moved an application citing a Allahabad High Court order asking the CBI court to expeditiously hear her bail plea and asking her to appear before the trial court within 30 days.
On April 05, the CBI filed an application before the High Court to recall its March 14 order on the ground that Nupur Talwar had obtained it by concealing material facts.
On April 09, the High Court suspended the order in the presence of Nupur Talwar`s counsel and directed her to file her reply to the recall application within two weeks.
The Ghaziabad court, during the March 14 hearing, allowed Rajesh Talwar to be on bail till April 11. The next hearing is on April 18.
Aarushi, 14, was found dead inside her Noida residence in May 2008 with her throat slit. The body of the Talwars` domestic servant Hemraj, initially a suspect in the case, was recovered from the terrace a day later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo