Aarushi case: Talwar`s counsel gets probe CDs
Ghaziabad: Three probe-related CDs in the sensational double murder case of dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar`s daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj were today handed over to the defence counsel in a court here.
"Today three CDs have been given to the defence counsel in the court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Shyam Lal," said CBI counsel B K Singh.
The court had yesterday directed the CBI to provide probe-related CDs and documents to the defence counsel and had fixed May 16 as the next date of hearing.
However, the defence counsel had asked for documents and CDs prior to the tomorrow`s hearing.
The court had asked the CBI to provide the documents and CDs by afternoon today.
The CDs were handed over in the court, however, the agency was unable to provide all the documents as they ran into thousand of pages, said CBI counsel.
It was not possible to provide photo copies of over six thousand pages of documents, Singh said, adding that they would be handed over to Talwars by tomorrow.
The court would meet tomorrow for further hearing in the case.
The CBI had earlier told the court that the agency had provided all relevant documents to them and had withheld only those on which it was not relying for the couple`s prosecution.
14-year-old Aarushi was found murdered on the intervening night of May 16-17, 2008 at her Noida residence and the body of Hemraj was found on the terrace of the house the next day.
The judge had earlier orally asked the CBI to give all the documents to the Talwars "for the sake of justice".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video