Aarushi-Hemraj double murder: CBI court to record Talwar couple`s statement
New Delhi: The special Central Bureau of Investigation court in Ghaziabad will record dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar’s statements in the murder case of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
Last week, the court had rejected the plea of the Talwar couple for 10-day adjournment for recording their statements.
In their plea, Rajesh and Nupur had sought the adjournment on the ground that they had to approach the Supreme Court with a Special Leave Petition seeking deposition of 14 persons as court witnesses, including Arun Kumar, who was Joint Director of the CBI in 2008 and led the initial probe in the sensational double murder.
Judge Shyam Lal directed their counsel to start deposition of the couple under Section 313 of the criminal procedure code from May 10 onwards.
Talwars, who are out on bail, are bring tried for allegedly murdering their 14-year old daughter and domestic servant whose bodies were found from the bedroom and terrace of their Jalvayu Vihar residence respectively on May 16, 2008.
CBI has alleged in court that 14-year-old Aarushi`s murder five years back was carried out by her parents and that no outsider was present.
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court will today hear the Talwars` plea for calling 14 witnesses to record their statements in the trial court.
The apex court had yesterday agreed to hear their plea .
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday