Aarushi-Hemraj double murder: Rajesh Talwar records statement
Ghaziabad: Recording his statement in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case, accused and Aarushi`s father Rajesh Talwar Friday answered questions raised by the court from the evidence of the witnesses.
To the about 180 questions asked, Talwar either denied the allegations or alleged the prosecution was trying to influence the witnesses, deviating from original statements recorded under section 161 of the Criminal Procedure Code.
Asked by the court whether he agreed over a doctor`s statement of trying to influence him to change the post mortem report, he said he agreed on whatsoever is mentioned on post-mortem report but whatever was beyond the written report was recorded under the Central Bureau of Investigation`s (CBI) influence "That was nothing just an character assassination of the deceased," he added.
The dentist categorically denied allegation that he tried to influence the doctor who performed autopsy through a retired police officer.
The court of special CBI judge S Lal Friday initiated recording Talwar`s statement under section 313 of CrPC. The recording of statement started at 2 pm and continued till the court rose for the day. It would continue on Monday, said Manoj Shishodia the lawyer for the defence.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan