Aarushi-Hemraj double murder: Rajesh Talwar records statement
Ghaziabad: Recording his statement in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case, accused and Aarushi`s father Rajesh Talwar Friday answered questions raised by the court from the evidence of the witnesses.
To the about 180 questions asked, Talwar either denied the allegations or alleged the prosecution was trying to influence the witnesses, deviating from original statements recorded under section 161 of the Criminal Procedure Code.
Asked by the court whether he agreed over a doctor`s statement of trying to influence him to change the post mortem report, he said he agreed on whatsoever is mentioned on post-mortem report but whatever was beyond the written report was recorded under the Central Bureau of Investigation`s (CBI) influence "That was nothing just an character assassination of the deceased," he added.
The dentist categorically denied allegation that he tried to influence the doctor who performed autopsy through a retired police officer.
The court of special CBI judge S Lal Friday initiated recording Talwar`s statement under section 313 of CrPC. The recording of statement started at 2 pm and continued till the court rose for the day. It would continue on Monday, said Manoj Shishodia the lawyer for the defence.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon