Aarushi-Hemraj murder: Forensic expert deposes on weapon
Ghaziabad: In the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, a forensic expert appeared as a defence witness in a court here Tuesday and said the wounds inflicted upon the victims could not have been caused using a scalpel used in dental surgery.
RK Sharma, defence witness and head of the forensic department at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), told Special Judge S Lal that a scalpel bigger than size 10, usually used for dental surgery, may have been used by the killer.
He indicated that the weapon of offence could have been a scalpel of a bigger size of some other instruments - similar to those used for deep surgeries and cutting joints and bones.
Deposing about the head injury of Hemraj, Sharma said the victim would have instantly becomes unconscious due to heavy bleeding from such a wound.
The prosecution earlier claimed that Hemraj was killed in Aarushi`s room in her house in Noida and later dragged to the terrace.
Sharma was the fourth defence witness appearing on behalf of the teenager`s dentist parents and suspects Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, who are out on bail.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida flat May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy