Aarushi-Hemraj murder: `I was asleep when killings took place`
Ghaziabad: Dentist Rajesh Talwar on Monday claimed in the court that he was asleep on the fateful night when his daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj were murdered and internet activity recorded from his room might not be correct.
Talwar`s statement is being recorded under section 313 of CrPC where the judge poses questions directly to the accused to explain his version of the circumstances.
So far Special CBI Judge S Lal has posed over 200 questions to Talwar in which he is given a chance to put forward his defence, Talwar`s counsel Manoj Sisodia told reporters here.
Talwar was today asked about the recurrent internet activity recorded from his router on May 15 night when the murders took place.
CBI had claimed that he had used the internet at regular intervals which show he was awake and knew about happenings in Aarushi`s room.
Talwar told court today that he was asleep after 11.30 pm and did not use internet.
Sisodia claimed that router was showing activity on May 16 between 6 AM to 1 PM as well after all the police and investigators had reached crime scene and the computers were switched off.
The router activity on May 16 shows that there was error in its recording hence it cannot be claimed since internet activity was there so Dr Talwar would have been awake, Sisodia told a news agency adding that he did not know whether Talwar explained these details to the court or not.
CBI had presented an Airtel executive as its witness to buttress its claim that internet activity was recorded on May 15 which belies Talwars claim that he was asleep and did not know about happenings in Aarushi`s adjoining room.
Talwar was also asked about post-mortem conducted on the body of Hemraj where CBI claimed that his swollen private parts indicated that the servant was indulging or about to indulge in sex just before his death.
Rajesh had claimed that he had not formed any opinion about swollen parts of the servant on the day of postmorten as he had thought he would tell reasons when asked about it.
He had also agreed with the defence counsel`s view that swelling could also be result of decomposition of the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: This man doesn't give a damn to traffic rules, threatens people on Noida roads; his car has VIP horn - WATCH
- Mercedes GLE 400 4MATIC petrol variant launched in India at Rs 74.9 lakh
- Attention parents! Childhood head injury may up mental illness, mortality risk
- My mom gets worried about controversies: Sonakshi Sinha
- India will slip in ICC T20 ranking if it loses 0-2 in T20Is against West Indies