Aarushi-Hemraj murder: `I was asleep when killings took place`
Ghaziabad: Dentist Rajesh Talwar on Monday claimed in the court that he was asleep on the fateful night when his daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj were murdered and internet activity recorded from his room might not be correct.
Talwar`s statement is being recorded under section 313 of CrPC where the judge poses questions directly to the accused to explain his version of the circumstances.
So far Special CBI Judge S Lal has posed over 200 questions to Talwar in which he is given a chance to put forward his defence, Talwar`s counsel Manoj Sisodia told reporters here.
Talwar was today asked about the recurrent internet activity recorded from his router on May 15 night when the murders took place.
CBI had claimed that he had used the internet at regular intervals which show he was awake and knew about happenings in Aarushi`s room.
Talwar told court today that he was asleep after 11.30 pm and did not use internet.
Sisodia claimed that router was showing activity on May 16 between 6 AM to 1 PM as well after all the police and investigators had reached crime scene and the computers were switched off.
The router activity on May 16 shows that there was error in its recording hence it cannot be claimed since internet activity was there so Dr Talwar would have been awake, Sisodia told a news agency adding that he did not know whether Talwar explained these details to the court or not.
CBI had presented an Airtel executive as its witness to buttress its claim that internet activity was recorded on May 15 which belies Talwars claim that he was asleep and did not know about happenings in Aarushi`s adjoining room.
Talwar was also asked about post-mortem conducted on the body of Hemraj where CBI claimed that his swollen private parts indicated that the servant was indulging or about to indulge in sex just before his death.
Rajesh had claimed that he had not formed any opinion about swollen parts of the servant on the day of postmorten as he had thought he would tell reasons when asked about it.
He had also agreed with the defence counsel`s view that swelling could also be result of decomposition of the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing