Aarushi-Hemraj murder trial to begin on May 11
Ghaziabad: In a setback to the Talwar couple, Special Judicial Magistrate Preeti Singh on Wednesday rejected their demand for more documents in the double murder case of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj in 2008.
While rejecting Talwars’ demand, the magistrate transferred the case to a Sessions Court where the trial of Nupur and Rajesh Talwar would begin on May 11, i.e. this Friday.
The judge had last week said that the case may be committed to an appropriate court as she did not have powers to try a murder case.
SJM Preeti Singh earlier this morning heard arguments from both the sides before ruling on the matter.
While Talwar’s counsel said the probe agency had not given them complete documents, the CBI told the court that it had furnished all documents.
During the proceedings last week, Nupur Talwar’s lawyer had cited deficiencies in case documents provided to the defence by the CBI and sought the court’s direction to the agency on his submissions.
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court is today due to resume hearing on the review petition filed by Nupur Talwar, challenging the court order for her trial in the double murder case.
The apex court had last Friday adjourned the hearing till today.
The SC today will also hear Nupur Talwar’s bail plea.
Aarushi was murdered on the intervening night of May 16-17, 2008 at her Noida residence and the body of Hemraj was found on the terrace of the house the next day.
Nupur had faced arrest after the special CBI court in Ghaziabad had issued non-bailable warrant against her on April 11 following which the CBI had carried out searches at her Delhi premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog