Aarushi-Hemraj murder trial to begin on May 11
Ghaziabad: In a setback to the Talwar couple, Special Judicial Magistrate Preeti Singh on Wednesday rejected their demand for more documents in the double murder case of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj in 2008.
While rejecting Talwars’ demand, the magistrate transferred the case to a Sessions Court where the trial of Nupur and Rajesh Talwar would begin on May 11, i.e. this Friday.
The judge had last week said that the case may be committed to an appropriate court as she did not have powers to try a murder case.
SJM Preeti Singh earlier this morning heard arguments from both the sides before ruling on the matter.
While Talwar’s counsel said the probe agency had not given them complete documents, the CBI told the court that it had furnished all documents.
During the proceedings last week, Nupur Talwar’s lawyer had cited deficiencies in case documents provided to the defence by the CBI and sought the court’s direction to the agency on his submissions.
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court is today due to resume hearing on the review petition filed by Nupur Talwar, challenging the court order for her trial in the double murder case.
The apex court had last Friday adjourned the hearing till today.
The SC today will also hear Nupur Talwar’s bail plea.
Aarushi was murdered on the intervening night of May 16-17, 2008 at her Noida residence and the body of Hemraj was found on the terrace of the house the next day.
Nupur had faced arrest after the special CBI court in Ghaziabad had issued non-bailable warrant against her on April 11 following which the CBI had carried out searches at her Delhi premises.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India