Aarushi murder accused denied security
Ghaziabad: Uttar Pradesh police has refused
to provide security to Raj Kumar, an accused in the
sensational Aarushi murder case.
Raj Kumar had asked for security through his lawyer
Naresh Yadav who claimed that the CBI wanted to interrogate
him, Ghaziabad DIG Akhil Kumar said.
The local police tried to confirm with the CBI if it
indeed wanted to interrogate Raj Kumar and was told that the
investigating agency did not need to quizz him further as his
narco and brain mapping tests had already been done while he
was under custody between May 28 and September 12, 2008, he
"On the basis of what we were told by the CBI we denied
security to the accused, who now stays in Nepal", he said.
14-year-old Aarushi had been found murdered at her Noida
home on May 16, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'