Aarushi murder accused denied security
Ghaziabad: Uttar Pradesh police has refused
to provide security to Raj Kumar, an accused in the
sensational Aarushi murder case.
Raj Kumar had asked for security through his lawyer
Naresh Yadav who claimed that the CBI wanted to interrogate
him, Ghaziabad DIG Akhil Kumar said.
The local police tried to confirm with the CBI if it
indeed wanted to interrogate Raj Kumar and was told that the
investigating agency did not need to quizz him further as his
narco and brain mapping tests had already been done while he
was under custody between May 28 and September 12, 2008, he
"On the basis of what we were told by the CBI we denied
security to the accused, who now stays in Nepal", he said.
14-year-old Aarushi had been found murdered at her Noida
home on May 16, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional