Aarushi murder case: CBI court to record Talwar couple`s statement
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Ghaziabad: Friday is a crucial day for the dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar in the murder case of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
The special CBI court in Ghaziabad will record their statements in connection with the case. On Wednesday, the court had rejected the plea of the Talwar couple for 10-day adjournment for recording their statements.
In their plea, Rajesh and Nupur had sought the adjournment on the ground that they had to approach the Supreme Court with a Special Leave Petition seeking deposition of 14 persons as court witnesses, including Arun Kumar, who was Joint Director of the CBI in 2008 and led the initial probe in the sensational double murder.
Judge Shyam Lal directed their counsel to start deposition of the couple under Section 313 of the criminal procedure code from May 10 onwards.
Talwars, who are out on bail, are bring tried for allegedly murdering their 14-year old daughter and domestic servant whose bodies were found from the bedroom and terrace of their Jalvayu Vihar residence respectively on May 16, 2008.
CBI has alleged in court that 14-year-old Aarushi`s murder five years back was carried out by her parents and that no outsider was present.
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court will today hear the Talwars` plea for calling 14 witnesses to record their statements in the trial court.
The apex court had yesterday agreed to hear their plea .
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today