Aarushi murder case: Nupur moves SC for bail
New Delhi: Dentist Nupur Talwar, who is facing trial in twin murder case of her daughter and domestic help Hemraj, on Tuesday approached the Supreme Court for bail.
Nupur, who has been in jail since her surrender before the Ghaziabad court on April 30, moved the apex court challenging the Allahabad High Court`s order which had on May 31 dismissed her plea for bail.
The trial court had on May 2 rejected Nupur`s bail application. She had surrendered before the trial court following a stern direction from the Supreme Court which had also refused to stay the non-bailable warrant issued against her by the lower court on her failure to appear despite issuing of summons.
14-year-old Aarushi was found dead in her bedroom at the Talwar`s residence at Jalvayu Vihar, Noida, on the intervening night of May 16-17, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found on May 17 on the terrace.
Holding that there is prima-facie evidence against the couple, the Ghaziabad court had ordered framing of charges of murder and destruction of evidence against Nupur and her dentist-husband Rajesh.
The apex court had earlier refused to give her any relief and allowed her prosecution in the murder case along with her Rajesh.
It had also dismissed her review petition challenging summons issued by a special CBI court in the case and warned her of "exemplary costs" for any frivolous litigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read