Aarushi murder case: Nupur moves SC for bail
New Delhi: Dentist Nupur Talwar, who is facing trial in twin murder case of her daughter and domestic help Hemraj, on Tuesday approached the Supreme Court for bail.
Nupur, who has been in jail since her surrender before the Ghaziabad court on April 30, moved the apex court challenging the Allahabad High Court`s order which had on May 31 dismissed her plea for bail.
The trial court had on May 2 rejected Nupur`s bail application. She had surrendered before the trial court following a stern direction from the Supreme Court which had also refused to stay the non-bailable warrant issued against her by the lower court on her failure to appear despite issuing of summons.
14-year-old Aarushi was found dead in her bedroom at the Talwar`s residence at Jalvayu Vihar, Noida, on the intervening night of May 16-17, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found on May 17 on the terrace.
Holding that there is prima-facie evidence against the couple, the Ghaziabad court had ordered framing of charges of murder and destruction of evidence against Nupur and her dentist-husband Rajesh.
The apex court had earlier refused to give her any relief and allowed her prosecution in the murder case along with her Rajesh.
It had also dismissed her review petition challenging summons issued by a special CBI court in the case and warned her of "exemplary costs" for any frivolous litigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Libya parliament rejects UN-backed unity government
- Ind vs WI: Day 5 washed out, Virat Kohli & co win series 2-0 but lose top ranking
- John Kerry urges deployment of South Sudan protection force
- BSF troops deployed in J&K after 12 years
- Authorities initiate action to evict Payal Abdullah from J&K govt bungalow in Delhi