Aarushi murder case: `Rahasya` makers to screen film for Talwars` relative
Mumbai: The makers of the yet-to-be released film `Rahasya` on Thursday informed the Bombay High Court that a private screening of the film would be arranged for one relative of Noida`s doctor-couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar convicted of murdering their daughter Aarushi in 2008.
The Talwars, serving life sentence awarded to them for murdering their teenage daughter at their Noida residence, had moved the High Court seeking a stay on the film`s release on the ground that it is based on "distorted facts surrounding the gruesome death" of their daughter.
The couple had during the last hearing sought a private screening of the movie for one family member.
The Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) had earlier informed the court that the movie is based on fiction and bears no resemblance to the case of the Talwars.
Advocate Atul Damle, appearing for director Manish Gupta and producer UVI Films Production Ltd, on Thursday told the court that the film would be screened for one member of the Talwar family and one of their advocates on the condition that they would not disclose the details of the movie.
The film would be screened within two weeks, Damle said following which the court posted the petition for hearing after three weeks.
The Talwars had approached the High Court after CBFC granted U/A certificate to the film in January this year.
On the intervening night of May 15 and 16, 2008, Aarushi and their domestic help Hemraj were found murdered at the Talwars` residence in Noida near Delhi.
The Talwars were convicted by a sessions court in Ghaziabad in November last year and sentenced to life imprisonment. Their appeal against conviction is pending before the Allahabad High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister