Aarushi murder: Court adjourns hearing till Feb 29
Ghaziabad: A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court here on Saturday adjourned the hearing in teenager Aarushi Talwar`s murder case till February 29.
Satish Tamta, counsel for Aarushi`s parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, both doctors, submitted before the court that the trial proceedings here be stopped till the plea of the father in the Supreme Court to shift the case to Delhi was disposed of.
RK Saini, the public prosecutor from the CBI, requested the court to continue the trial since the prosecution had not received any communication from the apex court.
After hearing arguments from both the sides, Special Judicial Magistrate Preeti Singh adjourned the hearing.
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi, a student of Delhi Public School, was found murdered in her Noida apartment on May 16, 2008. The family`s domestic help, Hemraj, who was initially suspected to be the prime suspect, was also found killed on the terrace a day later.
The case was heard on Saturday after a gap of about a year.
Rajesh Talwar earlier sought an exemption from physical presence in court after he sustained critical injuries in an attack on him in the court premises.
Nupur Talwar, in her separate application, submitted that she was also unable to appear before the court since she had to appear before the Allahabad High Court to submit an affidavit in the appeal filed by her against an earlier order of the trial court.
Aarushi`s father was attacked in the Ghaziabad court premises by a man in February 2011. After this attack, he filed a petition in the Supreme Court to shift the trial from Ghaziabad to Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi