Aarushi murder: Hearing adjourned till June 8
Ghaziabad: A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court on Monday adjourned the hearing in the Aarushi-Hemaraj double murder case till June 8.
The hearing was adjourned after the Bar Association of Ghaziabad decided to strike work following the death of a lawyer.
Aarushi`s parents, Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, are being tried for the 2008 murders.
The court last month had formally framed charges against the dentist couple.
The court charged Talwars under sections 302/34 (murder with common intention) and 201 (destruction of evidence with common intention) of the IPC. In addition to these, the court charged Rajesh Talwar under section 203 (giving false information respecting an offence committed) of IPC.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis