Aarushi murder: Hearing adjourned till June 8
Ghaziabad: A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court on Monday adjourned the hearing in the Aarushi-Hemaraj double murder case till June 8.
The hearing was adjourned after the Bar Association of Ghaziabad decided to strike work following the death of a lawyer.
Aarushi`s parents, Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, are being tried for the 2008 murders.
The court last month had formally framed charges against the dentist couple.
The court charged Talwars under sections 302/34 (murder with common intention) and 201 (destruction of evidence with common intention) of the IPC. In addition to these, the court charged Rajesh Talwar under section 203 (giving false information respecting an offence committed) of IPC.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says