Aarushi murder: `Talwars’ behaviour looked suspicious`
Ghaziabad: Former Noida SP Mahesh Kumar Mishra told the special CBI court, hearing the double murder case of teenage girl Aarushi and domestic aide Hemraj, that he found the behaviour of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar "suspicious" when he reached their residence on the day of the crime.
Mishra, who appeared before the Special CBI Judge S Lal yesterday, said, "When I reached the Talwars` residence on May 16, 2008, I found their behaviour suspicious."
"Rajesh Talwar told me that he had locked Aarushi`s room from outside on the fateful night (May 15) at 11:30 pm, and returned back to his room to sleep," said Mishra, adding, he thought this statement was important.
"I told about this statement to CBI, but I am not sure why they did not record it," the officer said.
"Rajesh also told me that he had forgotten to lock his bedroom and it was possible that someone stole the key," he told the court.
While describing the crime scene, Mishra said there were bloodstains on the terrace lock, however, he did not ask the forensic expert to examine it as he was already busy in other rooms.
The former Noida SP told the CBI court that he had asked for breaking the lock of the terrace door on May 16, a day before Hemraj`s body was found upstairs. However, no carpenter was arranged and the terrace door was not opened.
He told the court that on the next day, May 17, when he reached the Talwar`s residence, terrace door was opened and the body of Hemraj was found.
The officer also claimed that Rajesh looked "reluctant" in recognising the Hemraj`s body. "I do not know why this statement was not recorded by the agency," he said.
Aarushi was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence on May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'