Aarushi murder: `Talwars’ behaviour looked suspicious`
Ghaziabad: Former Noida SP Mahesh Kumar Mishra told the special CBI court, hearing the double murder case of teenage girl Aarushi and domestic aide Hemraj, that he found the behaviour of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar "suspicious" when he reached their residence on the day of the crime.
Mishra, who appeared before the Special CBI Judge S Lal yesterday, said, "When I reached the Talwars` residence on May 16, 2008, I found their behaviour suspicious."
"Rajesh Talwar told me that he had locked Aarushi`s room from outside on the fateful night (May 15) at 11:30 pm, and returned back to his room to sleep," said Mishra, adding, he thought this statement was important.
"I told about this statement to CBI, but I am not sure why they did not record it," the officer said.
"Rajesh also told me that he had forgotten to lock his bedroom and it was possible that someone stole the key," he told the court.
While describing the crime scene, Mishra said there were bloodstains on the terrace lock, however, he did not ask the forensic expert to examine it as he was already busy in other rooms.
The former Noida SP told the CBI court that he had asked for breaking the lock of the terrace door on May 16, a day before Hemraj`s body was found upstairs. However, no carpenter was arranged and the terrace door was not opened.
He told the court that on the next day, May 17, when he reached the Talwar`s residence, terrace door was opened and the body of Hemraj was found.
The officer also claimed that Rajesh looked "reluctant" in recognising the Hemraj`s body. "I do not know why this statement was not recorded by the agency," he said.
Aarushi was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence on May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today