Aarushi murder: Talwars drop their third defence witness
Ghaziabad: Rajesh and Nupur Talwar on Tuesday dropped another defence witness, a nodal officer in a telecom company, after having approached the Allahabad court earlier seeking direction for his summoning in the murder case of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
This is the third time when Talwars dropped their witness in the case.
The dentist couple today pleaded that a nodal officer of another telecom company had already deposed before the trial court so there was no need for another nodal officer to record his statement before the special CBI court here, so he be discharged from the case.
The court accepted Talwars` request.
"The court accepted our request to drop the nodal officer as defence witness," said Manoj Sisodia, counsel of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar.
Earlier, the dentist couple had dropped Masuma Jha, a resident of Sector 29 in Noida, and Mahender Sharma, a carpenter, as their witnesses in the double murder case.
Statements of Talwars` all defence witnesses had been recorded in the court.
The Talwars today also moved a fresh petition in CBI court seeking all documents of DNA tests.
The court fixed August 7 as the next date for hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown