Aarushi murder: Talwars drop their third defence witness
Ghaziabad: Rajesh and Nupur Talwar on Tuesday dropped another defence witness, a nodal officer in a telecom company, after having approached the Allahabad court earlier seeking direction for his summoning in the murder case of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
This is the third time when Talwars dropped their witness in the case.
The dentist couple today pleaded that a nodal officer of another telecom company had already deposed before the trial court so there was no need for another nodal officer to record his statement before the special CBI court here, so he be discharged from the case.
The court accepted Talwars` request.
"The court accepted our request to drop the nodal officer as defence witness," said Manoj Sisodia, counsel of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar.
Earlier, the dentist couple had dropped Masuma Jha, a resident of Sector 29 in Noida, and Mahender Sharma, a carpenter, as their witnesses in the double murder case.
Statements of Talwars` all defence witnesses had been recorded in the court.
The Talwars today also moved a fresh petition in CBI court seeking all documents of DNA tests.
The court fixed August 7 as the next date for hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan
- Will set up transit accommodations for Kashmiri Pandits till they feel safe to return: Mehbooba Mufti
- Youngsters at alcohol risk can be identified on social media