Aarushi murder: Talwars question order to try them
Allahabad: Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, parents of murdered teenager Aarushi Talwar, Wednesday urged the Allahabad High Court to set aside a special CBI court`s order to put them on trial for the gruesome killing of their own daughter in Noida about three years ago.
Justice B.K. Narayana has decided to continue with the arguments Feb 25, an informed court functionary told IANS.
Ghaziabad-based Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judicial Magistrate Preeti Singh had ordered Feb 9 that the Talwars be charged with murder, destruction of evidence and criminal conspiracy.
Aarushi, a Class 9 student of Delhi Public School, Noida, was found murdered under mysterious circumstances in her parents` Jalvayu Vihar Apartment in Noida May 16, 2008.
Their domestic help Hemraj was initially suspected for the killing, but his body was found on the flat`s terrace a day later.
The CBI submitted its closure report Dec 29 last year.
Arguing on behalf of the Talwars, senior advocate Gopal Chaturvedi sought not only "further investigation" into the case, but also pleaded for "setting aside the Feb 9 order of the CBI court".
Blaming the premier investigation agency for leaving many loose ends in the case, Chaturvedi said: "Several important issues brought to the notice of CBI were simply ignored by the investigating agency which apparently carried out a very shoddy job and jumped to conclusions without caring to take the larger picture into account."
"I am confident that further investigation into the case will bring out the parents absolutely clean as they are being framed on totally flimsy grounds," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?