Aarushi’s mother Nupur now wants to adopt a girl
New Delhi: Dentist Nupur Talwar, who is an accused in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case along with her husband Rajesh, is now willing to adopt a girl child four years after the gruesome murder of her teenage daughter at her Noida residence in 2008.
Reports, Monday, claimed that the girl child which Nupur wants to adopt is lodged in the Dasna Jail with her mother where the dentist is currently staying.
However considering the legality involved in doing so, Nupur will be able to adopt the girl only when she moves out of jail herself.
Nupur has been staying in jail ever since she surrendered before the special CBI court on a direction given by the Supreme Court after her repeated failure to appear before the court to face trial in the murder case.
Her stay in Dasna jail got further extended after the Allahabad High Court on May 16 deferred the hearing on her bail plea to May 22.
Nupur is an accused in the 2008 twin murders of her teenage daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj. Fourteen-year-old Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit at her Noida residence on May 16, 2008. The body of the domestic help was recovered from the terrace a day later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez