Aarushi`s parents tried to influence doctors: CBI
New Delhi: The sensational Aarushi murder
case took a new twist on Friday with CBI raising doubts over the
role of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar alleging they had tried to
influence the doctor who conducted the post mortem on their
14-year-old daughter in 2008, a charge rubbished by the
In its 30-page closure report submitted to a Ghaziabad
court on December 29, the CBI said that Rajesh and Nupur had
Aarushi`s room washed up after asking the UP Police to rush to
the railway station to nab their domestic help -- Hemraj -- on
May 16th morning.
Aarushi was murdered in the intervening night of May
15-16 in 2008 at the Talwar`s residence in Noida near Delhi.
The body of Hemraj was found on the terrace the next day.
Aarushi`s parents had tried to "influence" the doctor
who conducted the postmortem in a Noida hopsital, the CBI
"Its absolutely bizarre and absurd allegation by the
CBI. We are the one pushing for the investigations," Nupur
Accusing the CBI of "cover up" of the shoddy probe by
the UP police, she said that neither she nor her husband even
knew where the postmortem was being conducted and that the UP
police had taken over the crime scene early morning when the
body of their daughter was found.
CBI said the dimension of the wound on Aarushi`s head
was similar to one on the golf club owned by Rajesh, adding it
was handed over by the couple after intense grilling, a year
after the incident.
However, Nupur claimed that she was the one who produced
the golf club on her own and that the CBI had never asked for
"The conduct of the parents has been suspicious," the
CBI, which has come under intense criticism in the wake of its
closure report, said.
The report said Talwar was named as an accused but could
not be chargesheeted becase of "insufficent evidence".
Asked why the CBI had not proceeded against Rajesh and
Nupur on the basis of their findings, senior CBI officials
said that they could not zero in on any motive behind the
murder. CBI could not proceed on the circumstantial evidence
merely on the basis of conjectures.
About the three servants -- Krishna, Raj Kumar and Vijay
Mandal -- the report said that they were found to be innocent
during the investigations and hence the case against the trio
should be treated as closed.
The report while detailing the case said there were no
witnesses in the case other than the parents and Hemraj.
While the crime scene had not been preserved at all, the
CBI, which took up the case on June one, 2008, said things
were pretty normal at Talwar`s residence till 10.30 PM on the
fateful day as suggested in the video camera where some
pictures had been clicked.
The father was hooked on the internet till midnight, the
The CBI also highlighted the fact that it was unlikely
that the murderer could have killed the victim and then
wrapped her body properly in a bed sheet.
The report claimed that the dentist had asked UP police
team to rush after Hemraj rather than giving them sufficient
time to secure the scene of crime.
It also claimed that Rajesh had failed to immediately
identify the body of Hemraj found on the terrace.
It mentioned that there was no forced entry into the
house and even the door of Aarushi was like that of a hotel
room which could be opened either from inside or with a
key from outside. The keys of the room were with the mother
of the victim, the report said.
The narco-analysis and polygraph tests of the dentist
couple was "inconclusive", it said.
On the role of servants, who have been given clean chit
after the investigations, the CBI report said while one of
them -- Rajkumar (domestic help of family friend Durrani) --
was at the railway station from 11:30 PM to receive Durrani`s
wife and was accounted for till 1 AM.
Krishna was detained from his residence by the UP police
while he was sleeping, the report said, adding their were
eyewitnesses to suggest that he was all along at his home on
The narco-tests of the three servants were also of
"disputed nature", the report claimed.
On the missing mobile phones, they said the cell phones
which were claimed to have been destroyed by the servants were
found activated within three months raising doubts about the
In related developments, Union Law Minister Veerappa
Moily met CBI director A P Singh during which the senior
police official briefed him about the case. The minister
wanted the agency to take the case seriously.
Talwar`s counsel Rebecca John welcomed Moily`s
statement saying "if the law minister has made a statement
asking for an explanation from the CBI, we welcome that
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar also said that she was
"worried" about the recent developments. "This is a important
issue. We are worried about it...that a child was murdered and
why she is not getting justice... we should think seriously,"
The National Commission for Women shot off letters to
the Home Minister and the Law Minister seeking a re-look at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon