Aarushi’s parents won’t get case documents
Ghaziabad: In a significant development in the Aarushi Talwar double murder case, a special CBI court here on Friday rejected a plea by Aarushi’s parents seeking a copy of all the documents pertaining to the CBI’s investigations into the case.
The CBI had been strongly opposing the handing over of documents to Aarushi’s father Rajesh Talwar. The investigating agency in its closure report, filed on December 29, last year, had claimed that Rajesh was a "suspected accused" in the case but a chargesheet was not being filed against him due to lack of sufficient evidence.
In its arguments before a special CBI court here, the investigation agency submitted that Talwar was not a complainant and was instead a "suspected accused" and hence not entitled to get documents pertaining to the case.
To this, Talwar`s lawyer Satish Tamta argued that if Talwar was a suspected accused, then why was no chargesheet filed against him. He then requested the court to order a reinvestigation into the Aarushi`s murder in 2008.
The court will again here the case on January 25; and may decide on whether to reopen the case or not.
Commenting on the court’s decision, senior Supreme Court lawyer KTS Tulsi told Zee News: “The court’s decision is correct as it seems that the Talwars want to delay the case on one pretext or other. “
Tulsi also hoped that “Aarushi will get justice soon.”
Meanwhile, Naresh Yadav, the lawyer for three of Talwar`s domestic helps, has also submitted that a chargesheet be filed against the accused to ensure that the domestic helps are not implicated again.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered under mysterious circumstances in her parents` Jalvayu Vihar apartment in Noida, May 16, 2008. Their domestic help Hemraj`s body was found on the flat`s terrace a day later.
Rajesh Talwar was arrested soon after the murders but let off when investigators could find no evidence against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31