Abandoning of brides by NRI grooms a serious problem: CJI
Hoshiarpur: Noting that increasing cases of abandoning of wives by their NRI grooms have emerged as a serious problem, Chief Justice of India Justice Altamas Kabir on Sunday asked parents to thoroughly verify details of their prospective in-laws.
Justice Kabir, who was addressing a seminar on the issue here, said illegal immigration by fake travel agents was responsible for the growing problem.
He said green pasture in foreign countries was attracting youths, due to which many of them were getting exploited by the so called travel agents.
Justice Kabir said India was a rich and resourceful country where any individual can flourish.
Going through illegal ways always creates problems not only to the person who goes abroad, but also to his family, Kabir observed.
On the issue of large number of pending cases in various courts across the country, Justice Kabir said he cannot blame any government agency for delay in disposal of cases.
The seminar `NRI Abandoned Brides and Illegal Immigration` was jointly organised by Punjab Legal Services Authority in association with Punjab State Commission for NRIs at Panjab University SSG Regional Centre at Bajwara near here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad