Abandoning of brides by NRI grooms a serious problem: CJI
Hoshiarpur: Noting that increasing cases of abandoning of wives by their NRI grooms have emerged as a serious problem, Chief Justice of India Justice Altamas Kabir on Sunday asked parents to thoroughly verify details of their prospective in-laws.
Justice Kabir, who was addressing a seminar on the issue here, said illegal immigration by fake travel agents was responsible for the growing problem.
He said green pasture in foreign countries was attracting youths, due to which many of them were getting exploited by the so called travel agents.
Justice Kabir said India was a rich and resourceful country where any individual can flourish.
Going through illegal ways always creates problems not only to the person who goes abroad, but also to his family, Kabir observed.
On the issue of large number of pending cases in various courts across the country, Justice Kabir said he cannot blame any government agency for delay in disposal of cases.
The seminar `NRI Abandoned Brides and Illegal Immigration` was jointly organised by Punjab Legal Services Authority in association with Punjab State Commission for NRIs at Panjab University SSG Regional Centre at Bajwara near here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda