Abducted from Bihar, teenage girl gangraped in Haryana
Jind (Haryana): A 13-year-old girl, who was allegedly abducted by a truck driver a few days ago from Bihar, was gangraped by him and other drivers and later dumped here, police said on Sunday.
A local resident found the girl lying in a semi-conscious state near the Milk Plant on Saturday and informed the authorities, they said.
The girl told the police that she was allegedly abducted by the truck driver from her village in Bihar and was subsequently raped by him and some other drivers before being dumped here.
The state`s Women and Child Development Department has taken the girl under their custody and shifted her to a local hospital for treatment and medical examination, police said.
A case has been registered and efforts were on to contact the girl`s family, they said, adding that the accused have not been arrested so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding