Abdul Karim Tunda has 3 wives, 6 children
New Delhi: Dreaded terrorist Abdul Karim Tunda is a `family man`, with seven children from three wives all of whom live in Pakistan.
The oldest of his children is a 48-year-old son who, according to Tunda, went missing some years ago while the youngest is just 3-and-half-years old, Delhi police sources said.
According to interrogators, Tunda told them that his third son from his second wife Mumtaz, named Abdul Waris, was involved in a terrorist act in India and he was once arrested by Jammu and Kashmir police.
"Tunda claims that Waris, who too was an active LeT member, spent eight years in an Indian jail and then returned to Pakistan," said a police official.
Police sources said his three wives, namely Zarina, Mumtaz and Aasma, along with the six children, stay in Lahore. His sons look after his businesses in Lahore and Karachi.
"Tunda first married Zarina in 1964 in Ghaziabad, his native place. In 1984, when he went to Ahmedabad in search of work and married Mumtaz. His third wife Aasma was 18-years-old when he married her in Bangladesh in 1995," said the official.
Before joining jehadi forces at the age of 40, Tunda had lived in a number of places across the country and taken up a number of jobs. He worked as a security guard in a bank branch in Delhi, as a cloth merchant in Ahmedabad and took up different jobs in Agra, Itarsi and Khandwa.
In the year 1985, he went to Rajasthan`s Tonk city where he started working in a mosque. In Tonk, while making a pipe bomb, his left hand got severed and he got the name Tunda, police said.
Besides, indoctrinating youth in madarsas for jihad in Pakistan, Tunda ran a cloth factory and owned clothes and perfume shops in Karachi and Lahore, the
Police said Tunda will be produced in the court Tuesday in a case in which a consignment of explosives was recovered from south Delhi`s Malviya Nagar in 1994. Seven people had been arrested in this case so far.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- CTET May 8 exam: CBSE releases admit cards, eligible list for Haryana candidates
- Arvind Kejriwal lauds PM Narendra Modi's Cabinet Minister Suresh Prabhu – Know why
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside
- SHOCKING! Pakistan umpire Aleem Dar's sons involved in major controversy in Scotland - Read full story
- Kerala Assembly Election 2016: Arun Jaitley to release NDA's vision document today