Abdul Karim Tunda involved in 33 terror cases: Police
New Delhi: The Delhi Police told a court here on Tuesday that Lashkar-e-Toiba bomb expert Abdul Karim Tunda is involved in 33 bomb blast cases in India.
The police told Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Sanjay Khanagwal that out of the 33 cases, 22 are related to Delhi.
The police reply came on a plea filed by Tunda seeking details of the other pending cases against him.
According to the police, Tunda is involved in many bomb blast cases that occurred in the country between 1994 and 1998.
Three cases against Tunda are pending in Punjab, four in Haryana, three in Uttar Pradesh and one in Rajasthan. The last one, which relates to a blast in Ajmer, is being investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation.
The Delhi Police informed the court that they have filed charge sheet against Tunda in three cases including 1997 Karol Bagh and Sadar Bazar blast cases.
The court disposed of the plea, filed by Tunda Jan 4, saying that till date the Delhi Police have arrested him in four cases and seeking details of the other pending cases against him.
"The accused (Tunda) has right to know and to seek trial or avail legal remedies available to him," said his counsel MS Khan.
While police said he was arrested from the Banbasa area of Uttarakhand near the Indo-Nepal border in August 2013, Tunda claimed that he was in fact picked up by Delhi Police in Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more
- Govt lists GST Bill for consideration and passage in Rajya Sabha's agenda for next week
- Kasol - Rejuvenate yourself with serenity, peace in the nature's lap
- Gurgaon waterlogging: This is how Twitterati reacted after traffic choked Gurugram
- Bridge collapses in Nepal due to flooding – watch dramatic video