Abdullah asks Ramdev to take up causes that help nation
New Delhi: Hinting that Ramdev`s protest against black money in the city may not lead to any change, Union Minister Farooq Abdullah on Thursday asked the yoga guru to take up causes which could help the country move forward.
"What is the need for doing things which don`t help the nation move forward. Last time also he had come, could he change anything. Whatever is to be done, has to be done by the Parliament. I would request him to do things which can help the nation," he told reporters here.
The New and Renewable Energy Minister was commenting on the ongoing protest of Ramdev against black money.
Meanwhile, addressing a conclave on Research and Development in renewable energy sector, Abdullah said there was an urgent need to develop new and renewable energy technologies, process, materials, components, sub-systems, product and services on par with international specifications.
He laid special emphasis on developing reliable storage technologies and doing directed research that would improve the lives of people.
Speaking on the occasion, Principal Scientific Adviser R Chidambaram said there was need to cut down the cost of new energy sources.
B K Chaturvedi, Member (Energy), Planning Commission said the Planning Commission is supporting faster development and deployment of renewable energy technologies in the country.
"The 11th Five Year Plan witnessed an impressive progress in research and development and deployment in renewable energy sector," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues