Abdullah asks Ramdev to take up causes that help nation
New Delhi: Hinting that Ramdev`s protest against black money in the city may not lead to any change, Union Minister Farooq Abdullah on Thursday asked the yoga guru to take up causes which could help the country move forward.
"What is the need for doing things which don`t help the nation move forward. Last time also he had come, could he change anything. Whatever is to be done, has to be done by the Parliament. I would request him to do things which can help the nation," he told reporters here.
The New and Renewable Energy Minister was commenting on the ongoing protest of Ramdev against black money.
Meanwhile, addressing a conclave on Research and Development in renewable energy sector, Abdullah said there was an urgent need to develop new and renewable energy technologies, process, materials, components, sub-systems, product and services on par with international specifications.
He laid special emphasis on developing reliable storage technologies and doing directed research that would improve the lives of people.
Speaking on the occasion, Principal Scientific Adviser R Chidambaram said there was need to cut down the cost of new energy sources.
B K Chaturvedi, Member (Energy), Planning Commission said the Planning Commission is supporting faster development and deployment of renewable energy technologies in the country.
"The 11th Five Year Plan witnessed an impressive progress in research and development and deployment in renewable energy sector," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail