Abhaya case: Court issues summons to 3 accused
Kochi: A magistrate court on Monday issued
summons to the three accused, who are out on bail, in the
Sister Abhaya murder case to appear before the court on August
The Chief Judicial Magistrate, Ernakulam, issued summons
after accepting the chargesheet filed by CBI in the case.
Father Thomas Kottoor, Father Jose Poothrikayil and
Sister Sephy have been charged under various sections of the
IPC including section 302 (murder) and section 201
(destruction of evidence).
CBI, which investigated the case, wanted the proceedings
of the trial to be held in camera.
The investigating agency had filed the chargesheet on
The body of Abhaya, an inmate of St Pius Convent at
Kottayam, was found in the well of the convent on May 27,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read