Abhaya case: Court issues summons to 3 accused
Kochi: A magistrate court on Monday issued
summons to the three accused, who are out on bail, in the
Sister Abhaya murder case to appear before the court on August
The Chief Judicial Magistrate, Ernakulam, issued summons
after accepting the chargesheet filed by CBI in the case.
Father Thomas Kottoor, Father Jose Poothrikayil and
Sister Sephy have been charged under various sections of the
IPC including section 302 (murder) and section 201
(destruction of evidence).
CBI, which investigated the case, wanted the proceedings
of the trial to be held in camera.
The investigating agency had filed the chargesheet on
The body of Abhaya, an inmate of St Pius Convent at
Kottayam, was found in the well of the convent on May 27,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll