Abhaya case: Court issues summons to 3 accused
Kochi: A magistrate court on Monday issued
summons to the three accused, who are out on bail, in the
Sister Abhaya murder case to appear before the court on August
The Chief Judicial Magistrate, Ernakulam, issued summons
after accepting the chargesheet filed by CBI in the case.
Father Thomas Kottoor, Father Jose Poothrikayil and
Sister Sephy have been charged under various sections of the
IPC including section 302 (murder) and section 201
(destruction of evidence).
CBI, which investigated the case, wanted the proceedings
of the trial to be held in camera.
The investigating agency had filed the chargesheet on
The body of Abhaya, an inmate of St Pius Convent at
Kottayam, was found in the well of the convent on May 27,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Save your mobile data! Google Maps to get Wi-Fi only mode and more for Android
- Pakistan dismissive of India's decision to withdraw diplomats' kids
- Over 58,000 affected in floods in West Bengal, authorities issues red alert in Jalpaiguri
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- "Come join me in the sacred land of ISIS" - Missing Kerala youth invites his family