Abhaya case: Court issues summons to 3 accused
Kochi: A magistrate court on Monday issued
summons to the three accused, who are out on bail, in the
Sister Abhaya murder case to appear before the court on August
The Chief Judicial Magistrate, Ernakulam, issued summons
after accepting the chargesheet filed by CBI in the case.
Father Thomas Kottoor, Father Jose Poothrikayil and
Sister Sephy have been charged under various sections of the
IPC including section 302 (murder) and section 201
(destruction of evidence).
CBI, which investigated the case, wanted the proceedings
of the trial to be held in camera.
The investigating agency had filed the chargesheet on
The body of Abhaya, an inmate of St Pius Convent at
Kottayam, was found in the well of the convent on May 27,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand