Abhishek sidelined at Earth Hour event: Big B
Mumbai: The Bachchan family seems to be controversy’s favourite child. After the brouhaha over the presence of Amitabh Bachchan at the opening ceremony of Mumbai Sea Link’s second carriageway, this time around it’s Abhishek Bachchan who has got embroiled in a fresh controversy.
In his blog, Amitabh Bachchan said that his son Abhishek Bachchan’s video message on climate change as well as his campaign posters were removed at the WWF`s Earth Hour 2010 campaign on Saturday. The event held at Delhi’s iconic India Gate was witnessed by many dignitaries and was also attended by Chief Minister Sheila Dixit.
Incidentally, Abhishek Bachchan is the brand ambassador of WWF`s Earth Hour 2010 to support action on climate change.
An anguished Amitabh Bachchan wrote on his blog, “But there is more alarming news. You are perhaps aware that Abhishek has been appointed the WWF (World Wildlife Foundation) ambassador for Earth Day, a campaign that has been initiated by WWF for the preservation of the earth. Many advertisements in the press have been announcing, with his photograph in place, that on the 27th of March let the entire country observe a simple ritual of putting off the electricity in their homes for an hour from 8.30 PM to 9.30 PM.”
“At the India Gate on Rajpath a ceremony is being held today to announce the campaign and to make people aware of this most noble cause. An audio visual has been prepared with Abhishek where he is seeking a pledge towards preservation of the Earth and requesting people to switch off their lights for an hour.”
“The Chief Minister of Delhi, Mrs Sheila Dixit, and a prominent member of the ruling Congress Party, is attending the moment. A few hours before the show was to start apparently the audio visual featuring Abhishek has been asked to be removed and banner posters bearing his photograph as Ambassador have been stopped from being displayed!!”
However, Abhishek Bachchan downplayed the incident as he tweeted, “I had sent a video msg for all at the event, thanking them for their participation and support, but for some reason that couldn`t be shown.”
Even as WWF declined to comment upon the controversy, Chief Minister Sheila Dixit said that she did not know whether Abhishek Bachchan was the brand ambassador of WWF`s Earth Hour 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?