About Rs 100 cr spent on training govt officials in 5 yrs
New Delhi: Nearly Rs 100 crore was spent on training 1,063 government officials abroad during the last five years, the Rajya Sabha was told on Thursday.
The Government spent Rs 97.52 crore between 2007-08 and 2011-12 in training 513 IAS, 14 IPS and 536 other officials outside the country, Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions V Narayanasamy told Rajya Sabha in a written reply.
Giving a breakup of the amount spent, the Minister said about Rs 27 crore was spent during 2011-12 on 224 officials, Rs 20.94 crore during 2010-11 on 245 officials, Rs 12.10 crore during 2009-10 on 113 officials, Rs 19 crore during 2008-09 on 251 of them and Rs 17.50 crore during 2007-08 on 230 officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3