About Rs 100 cr spent on training govt officials in 5 yrs
New Delhi: Nearly Rs 100 crore was spent on training 1,063 government officials abroad during the last five years, the Rajya Sabha was told on Thursday.
The Government spent Rs 97.52 crore between 2007-08 and 2011-12 in training 513 IAS, 14 IPS and 536 other officials outside the country, Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions V Narayanasamy told Rajya Sabha in a written reply.
Giving a breakup of the amount spent, the Minister said about Rs 27 crore was spent during 2011-12 on 224 officials, Rs 20.94 crore during 2010-11 on 245 officials, Rs 12.10 crore during 2009-10 on 113 officials, Rs 19 crore during 2008-09 on 251 of them and Rs 17.50 crore during 2007-08 on 230 officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie