Absconder detained by immigration authority at Chennai Airport
Jammu: A man, allegedly involved in several criminal cases and absconding since the past six months from Jammu and Kashmir`s Kathua district, was on Saturday detained by immigration authority at Chennai airport.
Vimal Jyoti Sharma was detained by the immigration officials at Chennai Airport today when he boarded off from a flight from Singapore, police said here.
The accused was evading arrest for more than six months and was staying at Singapore, they said, adding the Kathua district police had issued a look-out notice for the above accused to all immigration check points.
A police team headed by Inspector Pardeep Sharma has been dispatched to Chennai to take the accused into police custody, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'