Absconder detained by immigration authority at Chennai Airport
Jammu: A man, allegedly involved in several criminal cases and absconding since the past six months from Jammu and Kashmir`s Kathua district, was on Saturday detained by immigration authority at Chennai airport.
Vimal Jyoti Sharma was detained by the immigration officials at Chennai Airport today when he boarded off from a flight from Singapore, police said here.
The accused was evading arrest for more than six months and was staying at Singapore, they said, adding the Kathua district police had issued a look-out notice for the above accused to all immigration check points.
A police team headed by Inspector Pardeep Sharma has been dispatched to Chennai to take the accused into police custody, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- This is what a Pakistani thinks why cow is sacred for Hindus - Watch
- Security forces kill separatist guerilla in Jammu & Kashmir's Kupwara
- DU admissions 2016 first online cut-off list to be declared today
- Woman suicide over morphed picture: One arrested
- 7th Pay Commission: Gratuity ceiling doubled to Rs 20 lakh