Absconder detained by immigration authority at Chennai Airport
Jammu: A man, allegedly involved in several criminal cases and absconding since the past six months from Jammu and Kashmir`s Kathua district, was on Saturday detained by immigration authority at Chennai airport.
Vimal Jyoti Sharma was detained by the immigration officials at Chennai Airport today when he boarded off from a flight from Singapore, police said here.
The accused was evading arrest for more than six months and was staying at Singapore, they said, adding the Kathua district police had issued a look-out notice for the above accused to all immigration check points.
A police team headed by Inspector Pardeep Sharma has been dispatched to Chennai to take the accused into police custody, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery