Absconder detained by immigration authority at Chennai Airport
Jammu: A man, allegedly involved in several criminal cases and absconding since the past six months from Jammu and Kashmir`s Kathua district, was on Saturday detained by immigration authority at Chennai airport.
Vimal Jyoti Sharma was detained by the immigration officials at Chennai Airport today when he boarded off from a flight from Singapore, police said here.
The accused was evading arrest for more than six months and was staying at Singapore, they said, adding the Kathua district police had issued a look-out notice for the above accused to all immigration check points.
A police team headed by Inspector Pardeep Sharma has been dispatched to Chennai to take the accused into police custody, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani