Absconder detained by immigration authority at Chennai Airport
Jammu: A man, allegedly involved in several criminal cases and absconding since the past six months from Jammu and Kashmir`s Kathua district, was on Saturday detained by immigration authority at Chennai airport.
Vimal Jyoti Sharma was detained by the immigration officials at Chennai Airport today when he boarded off from a flight from Singapore, police said here.
The accused was evading arrest for more than six months and was staying at Singapore, they said, adding the Kathua district police had issued a look-out notice for the above accused to all immigration check points.
A police team headed by Inspector Pardeep Sharma has been dispatched to Chennai to take the accused into police custody, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena