Absconding Narayan Sai forms ‘political party’
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Narayan Sai, the son of controversial godman Asaram Bapu, who has been arrested on charges of sexual assault, has formed a political outfit named ‘Ojaswi Party’, reports claimed on Thursday.
Swami Omji, who claims to be the vice president of the party told Zee Media that Sai is not absconding, and is meeting people and campaigning for his party.
It is also being reported that Sai, who has been on the run since a complaint of rape was filed against him in Surat, Gujarat on October 6, last Sunday came to Janta Mantar, but Delhi police didn’t recognise him.
The newly formed political outfit will contest all seventy seats in the upcoming Delhi Assembly Elections.
Interestingly, Omji also said that Neelam Dubey is not the official spokesperson of Asaram.
Surat Police had registered complaints filed by two sisters - one against Asaram and another against his son Sai - of rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges.
The elder of the two sisters, in her complaint, had accused Asaram of sexual assault between 1997 and 2006 during the time she had been living in his ashram on the outskirts of Ahmedabad city.
The younger sister had filed a complaint against Sai, accusing him of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she was living in their Surat ashram.
The Jodhpur police yesterday filed a chargesheet against spiritual guru Asaram Bapu, over two months after he was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a girl. The police have charged the self-styled godman with wrongful confinement and rape of a 16-year-old girl.
On Aug 20, the minor girl lodged a police complaint accusing Asaram, 72, of sexually assaulting her at his ashram near Jodhpur.
Asaram was arrested from his ashram in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, and brought to Jodhpur Sep 1.
Asaram is lodged in the Jodhpur Central Jail since Sep 2.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani