Absence of preventive policing reason for crimes: Bedi
New Delhi: Country`s first woman IPS
officer Kiran Bedi on Saturday said absence of preventive policing
was resulting in crimes like gangrape committed by repeat
"Crimes such as gangrape etc committed by repeat
offenders is proof of absence of preventive policing.
Supervisors must be held accountable for such re-offending,"
she said in her Facebook account.
Her comments came in the backdrop of five youths, who
were earlier arrested in crimes like cow-theft, attempt
to murder and gangrape, allegedly abducting and raping a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet