Absence of preventive policing reason for crimes: Bedi
New Delhi: Country`s first woman IPS
officer Kiran Bedi on Saturday said absence of preventive policing
was resulting in crimes like gangrape committed by repeat
"Crimes such as gangrape etc committed by repeat
offenders is proof of absence of preventive policing.
Supervisors must be held accountable for such re-offending,"
she said in her Facebook account.
Her comments came in the backdrop of five youths, who
were earlier arrested in crimes like cow-theft, attempt
to murder and gangrape, allegedly abducting and raping a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand