Absence of preventive policing reason for crimes: Bedi
New Delhi: Country`s first woman IPS
officer Kiran Bedi on Saturday said absence of preventive policing
was resulting in crimes like gangrape committed by repeat
"Crimes such as gangrape etc committed by repeat
offenders is proof of absence of preventive policing.
Supervisors must be held accountable for such re-offending,"
she said in her Facebook account.
Her comments came in the backdrop of five youths, who
were earlier arrested in crimes like cow-theft, attempt
to murder and gangrape, allegedly abducting and raping a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!