Absence of preventive policing reason for crimes: Bedi
New Delhi: Country`s first woman IPS
officer Kiran Bedi on Saturday said absence of preventive policing
was resulting in crimes like gangrape committed by repeat
"Crimes such as gangrape etc committed by repeat
offenders is proof of absence of preventive policing.
Supervisors must be held accountable for such re-offending,"
she said in her Facebook account.
Her comments came in the backdrop of five youths, who
were earlier arrested in crimes like cow-theft, attempt
to murder and gangrape, allegedly abducting and raping a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened