Absence of preventive policing reason for crimes: Bedi
New Delhi: Country`s first woman IPS
officer Kiran Bedi on Saturday said absence of preventive policing
was resulting in crimes like gangrape committed by repeat
"Crimes such as gangrape etc committed by repeat
offenders is proof of absence of preventive policing.
Supervisors must be held accountable for such re-offending,"
she said in her Facebook account.
Her comments came in the backdrop of five youths, who
were earlier arrested in crimes like cow-theft, attempt
to murder and gangrape, allegedly abducting and raping a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees