`Absolute lie`, Pawar says about Radia`s claim
New Delhi: Calling her statement an "absolutely lie", Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Thursday rubbished corporate lobbyist Niira Radia`s claim that he pursued the issue of spectrum with former communications minister A Raja.
"This is absolutely lie and foolish statement and I have no financial or any interest in this company. The person Vinod Goenka … his father knows me from many years. He has set up a milk processing unit in my hometown 20 years back and that unit is going well," Pawar told a TV channel.
Radia in her statement to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Wednesday claimed that Pawar may be controlling controversial company DB Reality and may have pursued the issue of spectrum and licence for Swan Telecom with Raja.
She said Shahid Balwa and Vinod Goenka were key people in DB Reality and in that context she quoted the name of Pawar. Radia, however, said she had no documentary proof or any other evidence to back her statement.
Pawar said he has good family relations with the Goenka family.
"I have good family relations with his father and that is why I know the second generation also very well and they are doing good service for my farmers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani