Abu Jundal feels scared in Kasab’s anda cell
Mumbai: Key handler of 26/11 terrorists Sayyed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal’s days and nights are filled with anxiety ever since he was shifted to the ‘anda’ cell in which lone captured Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab was kept before his execution on November 21 last year.
As per a newspaper, Jundal has taken to practising yoga to fight his fear at being jailed in the bomb-proof and bullet-proof cell inside Arthur Road Jail where Kasab was kept in solitary confinement.
The report further reveals that Jundal`s day starts at 5 am and he spends most of his time reading the chargesheet in the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case.
On February 7, the Mumbai Anti-Terrorist Squad had filed a chargesheet against suspected LeT terrorist Abu Jundal for planning an attack on vital installations of the city.
The charge sheet that runs in 58 pages has been filed in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate A.D. Sawant. Abu Jundal has been charged with criminal conspiracy, Special Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar said.
This is the second charge sheet that has been filed against Abu Jundal. In October last year, the Mumbai crime branch had filed a charge sheet in a Mumbai court against the alleged 26/11 handler, which ran over 13,000 pages and consisted of 56 volumes.
On August 13, the court had remanded him to the custody of ATS. He was earlier in the custody of the crime branch, where he also recorded his confessional statement reportedly providing all details of the entire operation of 26/11 terror attacks.
Hailing from Beed district near Aurangabad, Abu Jundal sneaked into Bangladesh and later to Pakistan on a fake passport procured with help from some LeT activists.
Jundal was working in Saudi Arabia before being deported to India in June. He was arrested by Delhi Police on arrival at the airport. A Delhi court later granted his custody to Maharashtra Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez