Abu Jundal in police custody till Sept 24
Nashik: A local court on Tuesday remanded suspected LeT operative and 26/11 key handler Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal to ATS custody till September 24 for his alleged role in the conspiracy to attack the Police Academy here in 2010.
Jundal, who was brought from a Mumbai jail and produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate A D Sawant amidst tight security, was asked whether he required any legal aid, to which, he did not give any answer.
However, Jundal told the court that he wanted to meet his parents, but the Magistrate did not pass any order on his plea.
Two other accused, Billal Shaikh and Himayat Beg, who had conducted a recee of the Nashik Police Academy in 2010, have already been arrested in this case and are currently held in judicial custody. Seven other accused are yet to be traced.
ATS told the court that the duo had revealed during interrogation that the recee of the Police Academy was conducted on the instructions of Jundal.
Seeking Jundal`s custody, ATS said they wanted to know what he was doing abroad after LeT suspects had conducted a recee of the Police Academy here in 2010. They also wanted to know the local contacts of Jundal.
At the time of Billal`s arrest, police had recovered from him a memory card, 300 gms of RDX, detonators, 300 gelatin sticks and a pen drive. Billal had told ATS that his movements were being monitored by Jundal on behalf of LeT.
Billal had also told ATS that they had planned to attack the Police Academy on the lines of attack on Lahore Police School in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown