Abu Jundal - the Indian connect to 26/11
Mumbai: Of all the persons named by Ajmal Kasab in his confession, one name that has set alarm bells ringing in the Indian security establishment is that of Abu Jundal – the man who Kasab claims taught him Hindi.
Kasab while revealing the names of his Lashkar-e-Toiba handlers Abu Hamza,, Abu Kafa and Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, specifically named Jundal an Indian who prepared him for the Mumbai operation - it’s the first time an Indian’s name has come up as one of the handlers of the Mumbai attackers.
It was earlier said that Kasab learnt Hindi by watching Indian movies and after seeing ‘Goal’ he became an admirer of John Abraham and had even expressed his wish to meet him.
Jundal is said to have been involved in terrorist activities for more than 15 years and security agencies have been on his trail all along, a newspaper report claimed on Tuesday.
As per the latest news report, Jundal is a resident of Hyderabad and had joined an extremist organisation and was later recruited by the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) which sent him to a training camp in Muzzafarabad.
In fact, Jundal’s name had also cropped up during the investigations into the serial blasts in Ahmedabad, Jaipur and New Delhi. He was thought to have worked with in close coordination with Indian Mujahideen (IM) founder Amir Raza.
As per the report, by successfully carrying out serial blasts in these three cities, Jundal proved his worth to the LeT and ISI.
Jundal is strongly believed to have strong contacts with the LeT chief and 26/11 attacks mastermind Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi. His knowledge about India and his Hindi prowess has worked in his favour besides his strong links with fundamentalist elements in Hyderabad and other Indian cities.
Jundal, clearly one of the most wanted men in India, is now supposed to be in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation