Abu Jundal won’t be shifted from Kasab`s barrack
Mumbai: LeT operative and key 26/11 attacks handler Abu Jundal`s plea that he must not be kept in the barrack where hanged terrorist Ajmal Kasab was kept was today rejected by a local court. "The court rejected the application in which we had sought that he should not be kept in Kasab`s barrack as Jundal was hallucinating about him," said his lawyer Ejaz Naqvi.
Meanwhile, the Arthur Road jail officials on Monday also filed a report saying that the mental condition of Jundal was normal.
The court had earlier directed the jail authorities to provide a check-up by a psychiatrist. The jail authorities has also said that he has been given two newspapers daily and some books from jail library are also provided to him.
Jundal had filed an application, saying he was mentally disturbed when detained in Saudi Arabia last year and was on medication when lodged at Tihar jail in Delhi.
He also said that Kasab -- who was at Arthur Road before he was transferred to Pune`s Yerawada jail for execution -- appears in his dreams.
Jundal is being tried before the MCOCA court here for the alleged role in the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case, where he is one of the 22 accused.
Maharashtra ATS team had chased a Tata Sumo and an Indica car on Chandwad-Manmad highway near Aurangabad, arrested three persons, and seized 30 kg RDX, 10 AK-47 assault rifles and 3,200 bullets on May 8, 2006.
The Indica was allegedly driven by Jundal, who managed to give police a slip at that time. He then drove to Malegaon and handed over the vehicle to an acquaintance. In May 2006, he escaped to Bangladesh, from where he fled to Pakistan on a fake passport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what