Abu Salem gang sharpshooter arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: An alleged sharpshooter of Abu
Salem gang, said to be involved in extorting money from
Bollywood celebrities, was arrested here, police said Saturday.
Usman Khan was apprehended from near his relative`s
residence in Kalyanpuri in east Delhi yesterday on a tip-off,
Additional Commissioner of Police (East) K C Dwivedi said.
Khan is a sharpshooter of Salem gang and has been
allegedly involved in several cases of extortion, fake
currency possession and attempt to murder, other than cases
under Arms Act, in Delhi and Mumbai, he said.
During interrogation, Dwivedi said, it came to light that
Khan was allegedly involved in sale and purchase of disputed
properties and land grabbing indirectly in Delhi and NCR.
"He frequently visits Mumbai and is in constant touch
with the underworld," Dwivedi said.
"He was also involved in many cases of extortion, fake
currency, attempt to murder and Arms Act in Mumbai and Delhi.
He has also been involved in extorting money from Bollywood
celebrities," he said.
A pistol and a live cartridge were recovered from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement