Abu Salem gang sharpshooter arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: An alleged sharpshooter of Abu
Salem gang, said to be involved in extorting money from
Bollywood celebrities, was arrested here, police said Saturday.
Usman Khan was apprehended from near his relative`s
residence in Kalyanpuri in east Delhi yesterday on a tip-off,
Additional Commissioner of Police (East) K C Dwivedi said.
Khan is a sharpshooter of Salem gang and has been
allegedly involved in several cases of extortion, fake
currency possession and attempt to murder, other than cases
under Arms Act, in Delhi and Mumbai, he said.
During interrogation, Dwivedi said, it came to light that
Khan was allegedly involved in sale and purchase of disputed
properties and land grabbing indirectly in Delhi and NCR.
"He frequently visits Mumbai and is in constant touch
with the underworld," Dwivedi said.
"He was also involved in many cases of extortion, fake
currency, attempt to murder and Arms Act in Mumbai and Delhi.
He has also been involved in extorting money from Bollywood
celebrities," he said.
A pistol and a live cartridge were recovered from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya