Abu Salem gang sharpshooter arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: An alleged sharpshooter of Abu
Salem gang, said to be involved in extorting money from
Bollywood celebrities, was arrested here, police said Saturday.
Usman Khan was apprehended from near his relative`s
residence in Kalyanpuri in east Delhi yesterday on a tip-off,
Additional Commissioner of Police (East) K C Dwivedi said.
Khan is a sharpshooter of Salem gang and has been
allegedly involved in several cases of extortion, fake
currency possession and attempt to murder, other than cases
under Arms Act, in Delhi and Mumbai, he said.
During interrogation, Dwivedi said, it came to light that
Khan was allegedly involved in sale and purchase of disputed
properties and land grabbing indirectly in Delhi and NCR.
"He frequently visits Mumbai and is in constant touch
with the underworld," Dwivedi said.
"He was also involved in many cases of extortion, fake
currency, attempt to murder and Arms Act in Mumbai and Delhi.
He has also been involved in extorting money from Bollywood
celebrities," he said.
A pistol and a live cartridge were recovered from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY