Abu Salem gang sharpshooter arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: An alleged sharpshooter of Abu
Salem gang, said to be involved in extorting money from
Bollywood celebrities, was arrested here, police said Saturday.
Usman Khan was apprehended from near his relative`s
residence in Kalyanpuri in east Delhi yesterday on a tip-off,
Additional Commissioner of Police (East) K C Dwivedi said.
Khan is a sharpshooter of Salem gang and has been
allegedly involved in several cases of extortion, fake
currency possession and attempt to murder, other than cases
under Arms Act, in Delhi and Mumbai, he said.
During interrogation, Dwivedi said, it came to light that
Khan was allegedly involved in sale and purchase of disputed
properties and land grabbing indirectly in Delhi and NCR.
"He frequently visits Mumbai and is in constant touch
with the underworld," Dwivedi said.
"He was also involved in many cases of extortion, fake
currency, attempt to murder and Arms Act in Mumbai and Delhi.
He has also been involved in extorting money from Bollywood
celebrities," he said.
A pistol and a live cartridge were recovered from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'