Abused by Asaram, victim now wants to become IAS officer
Zee Media Bureau/ Deepak Nagpal
Lucknow: “My life is no more the same,” says the 16-year-old minor, who was sexually abused by self-styled godman Asaram Bapu.
Speaking to a leading Hindi daily, the victim says she will never be able to forget that night when her dreams were shattered.
“Earlier, I wanted to become a Chartered Accountant. But now, I will become an IAS officer so that I can teach a lesson to such people,” resolves the victim, whose testimony has led to the arrest of the controversial godman.
The girl tells her father that she fears going out and won’t be able to study anymore in the city where they live.
Asaram’s son Narayan Sai had also stayed for a few days at their home about one-and-a-half years back when the victim’s father was helping in the construction of Asaram’s ashram in the city.
Her father says he still cannot believe the fact that the person in which they had reposed their faith, could commit such a deed.
The victim’s brother says they never imagined Asaram’s real face would be exposed in such a manner.
Asaram is currently in judicial custody, and Jodhpur Police claim to have enough evidence to nail him in.
A court in Jodhpur had last week rejected the bail plea of Asaram.
Asaram, who was arrested from his ashram in Indore in Madhya Pradesh, had sought bail claiming that police erred in booking him under rape charge, which is non-bailable.
The 16-year-old girl alleged that the sexual assault took place on August 15 at Asaram`s ashram outside Jodhpur city and the complaint was filed by her on August 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says