Abused by Asaram, victim now wants to become IAS officer
Zee Media Bureau/ Deepak Nagpal
Lucknow: “My life is no more the same,” says the 16-year-old minor, who was sexually abused by self-styled godman Asaram Bapu.
Speaking to a leading Hindi daily, the victim says she will never be able to forget that night when her dreams were shattered.
“Earlier, I wanted to become a Chartered Accountant. But now, I will become an IAS officer so that I can teach a lesson to such people,” resolves the victim, whose testimony has led to the arrest of the controversial godman.
The girl tells her father that she fears going out and won’t be able to study anymore in the city where they live.
Asaram’s son Narayan Sai had also stayed for a few days at their home about one-and-a-half years back when the victim’s father was helping in the construction of Asaram’s ashram in the city.
Her father says he still cannot believe the fact that the person in which they had reposed their faith, could commit such a deed.
The victim’s brother says they never imagined Asaram’s real face would be exposed in such a manner.
Asaram is currently in judicial custody, and Jodhpur Police claim to have enough evidence to nail him in.
A court in Jodhpur had last week rejected the bail plea of Asaram.
Asaram, who was arrested from his ashram in Indore in Madhya Pradesh, had sought bail claiming that police erred in booking him under rape charge, which is non-bailable.
The 16-year-old girl alleged that the sexual assault took place on August 15 at Asaram`s ashram outside Jodhpur city and the complaint was filed by her on August 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter