Accountability part of good governance: Antony
New Delhi: Accountability has become an integral part of good governance with aspects like integrity and transparency becoming its part and parcel, Defence
Minister AK Antony on Friday said here.
Addressing the 264th Foundation Day ceremony of Defence Accounts Department (DAD), Antony said, "Accountability is no longer restricted to quantitative techniques. It has become an integral part of good governance with aspects like integrity, transparency, responsiveness and sustainability becoming its
part and parcel."
He asked the department to enhance its payment delivery mechanism and provide a hassle-free service to the soldiers and their dependents.
"You must strive to provide enhanced customer satisfaction through hassle-free services and prompt and accurate payment of dues to the soldiers and their
dependents," said Antony.
He appreciated the programs launched by DAD for efficient disbursement of monthly pay and pension.
"The department has taken steps to implement Dolphin- an online, monthly pay system for Army jawans...It has taken several initiatives to utilize information technology to the maximum extent. The launch of two IT projects `Vishwak` and
`Bhawan` reflects the resolve to provide user friendly services to the client," he said.
Another project- Sangam- launched by DAD has further simplified the issue of corrigendum pension payment orders after the implementation of recommendations of Sixth Central Pay Commission, he said.
"The vast range of activities of this department (DAD) includes accounting, payment, pension and audit matters. This gives it a unique advantage of looking at issues from different perspectives. You should strive to utilise this
advantage to assist the services in achieving their goals," Antony said.
On computerisation of assets owned by the forces and collection of license fee, Antony said, "Project Bhawan will lead to computerisation of assets of our armed forces and the license fee will be recovered through a seamless integration
with various Pay and Accounts offices of the armed forces."
He said the armed forces can shoulder their responsibilities, fully assured that all accounting, payment, pension and audit matters are being handled by a body of
professional and dedicated personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- India's economy never been in stronger position than today: Parekh
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!