Accused in 1993 serial blasts arrested in UP
Lucknow: A terrorist involved in serial
blasts in trains in 1993 was today arrested by the Special
Task Force of Uttar Pradesh police from Madiyaon area, a
senior police officer said here.
"Hamidudeen alias Hamid, who carried a cash reward of
Rs 50,000 and was on the run from the last 16 years, was
arrested in an encounter by the STF from Sitapur-Hardoi bypass
road this morning," Additional Director General of Police (law
and order) Brij Lal told reporters.
A .32 bore pistol, four live cartridges, three hand
grenades and equal number of fuse were recovered from his
possession, he said.
The ADG said in 1993 five serial blasts were carried
in Rajdhani Express, Flying Queen Express and AP Express.
"The case was investigated by the CBI and it filed a
chargesheet against 15 persons. While 11 were sentenced to
life imprisonment, four of them were still absconding," he
> He said on the request of the CBI, UP Director General
of Police had directed the STF to trace the absconding
"Investigation revealed that Hamidudeen was living in
Khadra area with a pseudo name, after which he was arrested
this morning in an encounter with STF," Brij Lal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India