Accused in 1993 serial blasts arrested in UP
Lucknow: A terrorist involved in serial
blasts in trains in 1993 was today arrested by the Special
Task Force of Uttar Pradesh police from Madiyaon area, a
senior police officer said here.
"Hamidudeen alias Hamid, who carried a cash reward of
Rs 50,000 and was on the run from the last 16 years, was
arrested in an encounter by the STF from Sitapur-Hardoi bypass
road this morning," Additional Director General of Police (law
and order) Brij Lal told reporters.
A .32 bore pistol, four live cartridges, three hand
grenades and equal number of fuse were recovered from his
possession, he said.
The ADG said in 1993 five serial blasts were carried
in Rajdhani Express, Flying Queen Express and AP Express.
"The case was investigated by the CBI and it filed a
chargesheet against 15 persons. While 11 were sentenced to
life imprisonment, four of them were still absconding," he
> He said on the request of the CBI, UP Director General
of Police had directed the STF to trace the absconding
"Investigation revealed that Hamidudeen was living in
Khadra area with a pseudo name, after which he was arrested
this morning in an encounter with STF," Brij Lal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!