Accused in Kerala lecturer attack case arrested
Moovatapuzha: One of the six accused
in the July 4 attack on a college lecturer, whose right hand
was chopped off for preparing a question paper with alleged
derogatory references to Prophet Mohammad, was arrested today
at Thiruvananthapuram, police said.
Jamal, arrested by the Special Investigation Team near a
mosque, revealed during questioning that he had used a knife
to assault the lecturer, Joseph, they said.
The SIT got details of those directly involved in the
attack after questioning Shamsudeen, who was arrested on
Jamal would be produced before Aluva Judicial First Class
Magistrate later this evening, they said.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 when he was returning home
with his family after attending prayers at a church.
So far, 25 persons have been arrested in connection with
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information