Accused in Kerala lecturer attack case arrested
Moovatapuzha: One of the six accused
in the July 4 attack on a college lecturer, whose right hand
was chopped off for preparing a question paper with alleged
derogatory references to Prophet Mohammad, was arrested today
at Thiruvananthapuram, police said.
Jamal, arrested by the Special Investigation Team near a
mosque, revealed during questioning that he had used a knife
to assault the lecturer, Joseph, they said.
The SIT got details of those directly involved in the
attack after questioning Shamsudeen, who was arrested on
Jamal would be produced before Aluva Judicial First Class
Magistrate later this evening, they said.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 when he was returning home
with his family after attending prayers at a church.
So far, 25 persons have been arrested in connection with
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical