Accused in Kerala lecturer attack case arrested
Moovatapuzha: One of the six accused
in the July 4 attack on a college lecturer, whose right hand
was chopped off for preparing a question paper with alleged
derogatory references to Prophet Mohammad, was arrested today
at Thiruvananthapuram, police said.
Jamal, arrested by the Special Investigation Team near a
mosque, revealed during questioning that he had used a knife
to assault the lecturer, Joseph, they said.
The SIT got details of those directly involved in the
attack after questioning Shamsudeen, who was arrested on
Jamal would be produced before Aluva Judicial First Class
Magistrate later this evening, they said.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 when he was returning home
with his family after attending prayers at a church.
So far, 25 persons have been arrested in connection with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail