Accused in Kerala lecturer attack case arrested
Moovatapuzha: One of the six accused
in the July 4 attack on a college lecturer, whose right hand
was chopped off for preparing a question paper with alleged
derogatory references to Prophet Mohammad, was arrested today
at Thiruvananthapuram, police said.
Jamal, arrested by the Special Investigation Team near a
mosque, revealed during questioning that he had used a knife
to assault the lecturer, Joseph, they said.
The SIT got details of those directly involved in the
attack after questioning Shamsudeen, who was arrested on
Jamal would be produced before Aluva Judicial First Class
Magistrate later this evening, they said.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 when he was returning home
with his family after attending prayers at a church.
So far, 25 persons have been arrested in connection with
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read