Accused in Kerala lecturer attack case arrested
Moovatapuzha: One of the six accused
in the July 4 attack on a college lecturer, whose right hand
was chopped off for preparing a question paper with alleged
derogatory references to Prophet Mohammad, was arrested today
at Thiruvananthapuram, police said.
Jamal, arrested by the Special Investigation Team near a
mosque, revealed during questioning that he had used a knife
to assault the lecturer, Joseph, they said.
The SIT got details of those directly involved in the
attack after questioning Shamsudeen, who was arrested on
Jamal would be produced before Aluva Judicial First Class
Magistrate later this evening, they said.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 when he was returning home
with his family after attending prayers at a church.
So far, 25 persons have been arrested in connection with
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan