Accused Indian remanded for psychiatric assessment
Singapore: An Indian national charged with the murder of a beautician whose decapitated body was found floating in a waterway in Singapore was on Friday remanded for psychiatric assessment.
Gursharan Singh, 25, who worked as fork lift driver, was charged last week with the murder of another Indian Jasvinder Kaur together with an unknown person at a Balestier Road premises between December 10 and 12.
Kaur`s decapitated body was wrapped in a trash bag when it was spotted floating in the waterway between two housing estates.
Besides her still-missing head and hands, 33-year-old Kaur`s arms had also been apparently mutilated.
Authorities were currently looking for another Indian national, Harvinder Singh, 33, said to be the dead woman`s husband, to assist with police investigations.
Harvinder, who worked as senior logistics coordinator, left Singapore via a checkpoint to Malaysia, 30 minutes before Kaur`s body was found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister