Accused Indian remanded for psychiatric assessment
Singapore: An Indian national charged with the murder of a beautician whose decapitated body was found floating in a waterway in Singapore was on Friday remanded for psychiatric assessment.
Gursharan Singh, 25, who worked as fork lift driver, was charged last week with the murder of another Indian Jasvinder Kaur together with an unknown person at a Balestier Road premises between December 10 and 12.
Kaur`s decapitated body was wrapped in a trash bag when it was spotted floating in the waterway between two housing estates.
Besides her still-missing head and hands, 33-year-old Kaur`s arms had also been apparently mutilated.
Authorities were currently looking for another Indian national, Harvinder Singh, 33, said to be the dead woman`s husband, to assist with police investigations.
Harvinder, who worked as senior logistics coordinator, left Singapore via a checkpoint to Malaysia, 30 minutes before Kaur`s body was found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President