Accused Indian remanded for psychiatric assessment
Singapore: An Indian national charged with the murder of a beautician whose decapitated body was found floating in a waterway in Singapore was on Friday remanded for psychiatric assessment.
Gursharan Singh, 25, who worked as fork lift driver, was charged last week with the murder of another Indian Jasvinder Kaur together with an unknown person at a Balestier Road premises between December 10 and 12.
Kaur`s decapitated body was wrapped in a trash bag when it was spotted floating in the waterway between two housing estates.
Besides her still-missing head and hands, 33-year-old Kaur`s arms had also been apparently mutilated.
Authorities were currently looking for another Indian national, Harvinder Singh, 33, said to be the dead woman`s husband, to assist with police investigations.
Harvinder, who worked as senior logistics coordinator, left Singapore via a checkpoint to Malaysia, 30 minutes before Kaur`s body was found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu