`Acid` bottles found outside Manish Tewari`s Chandigarh residence
Zee Media Bureau
Chandigarh: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday alleged that a conspiracy of acid attack had been hatched against him.
The police here on Friday night recovered two bottles of acid outside the residence of Tewari.
"Four bottles were found outside the boundary wall of the minister`s residence in Sector 19. While two were empty, two other bottles were filled with acid," Superintendent of Police Vijay Kumar said.
He said the bottles were found by Minister`s Personal Security Officer Satish Kumar who informed the police about it.
Police sources said they were investigating the matter and added that the acid could be the one commonly used in households for toilet cleaning purposes.
Chandigarh Police officials ruled out a conspiracy of an attack on the union minister.
"We have sent the bottles for examination to know what they contained," a police official said.
Tewari, who left for his Lok Sabha constituency Ludhiana on Saturday, alleged that someone could have kept the bottles near his house as part of a conspiracy to attack him.
The minister enjoys Z-category security cover and visits his Sector 19 house here often. Police personnel are posted at his residence.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'