`Acid` bottles found outside Manish Tewari`s Chandigarh residence
Zee Media Bureau
Chandigarh: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday alleged that a conspiracy of acid attack had been hatched against him.
The police here on Friday night recovered two bottles of acid outside the residence of Tewari.
"Four bottles were found outside the boundary wall of the minister`s residence in Sector 19. While two were empty, two other bottles were filled with acid," Superintendent of Police Vijay Kumar said.
He said the bottles were found by Minister`s Personal Security Officer Satish Kumar who informed the police about it.
Police sources said they were investigating the matter and added that the acid could be the one commonly used in households for toilet cleaning purposes.
Chandigarh Police officials ruled out a conspiracy of an attack on the union minister.
"We have sent the bottles for examination to know what they contained," a police official said.
Tewari, who left for his Lok Sabha constituency Ludhiana on Saturday, alleged that someone could have kept the bottles near his house as part of a conspiracy to attack him.
The minister enjoys Z-category security cover and visits his Sector 19 house here often. Police personnel are posted at his residence.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra