`Acid` bottles found outside Manish Tewari`s Chandigarh residence
Zee Media Bureau
Chandigarh: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday alleged that a conspiracy of acid attack had been hatched against him.
The police here on Friday night recovered two bottles of acid outside the residence of Tewari.
"Four bottles were found outside the boundary wall of the minister`s residence in Sector 19. While two were empty, two other bottles were filled with acid," Superintendent of Police Vijay Kumar said.
He said the bottles were found by Minister`s Personal Security Officer Satish Kumar who informed the police about it.
Police sources said they were investigating the matter and added that the acid could be the one commonly used in households for toilet cleaning purposes.
Chandigarh Police officials ruled out a conspiracy of an attack on the union minister.
"We have sent the bottles for examination to know what they contained," a police official said.
Tewari, who left for his Lok Sabha constituency Ludhiana on Saturday, alleged that someone could have kept the bottles near his house as part of a conspiracy to attack him.
The minister enjoys Z-category security cover and visits his Sector 19 house here often. Police personnel are posted at his residence.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read