Activists condemn Hazare arrest
New Delhi: Social activists Aruna Roy and Nikhil Dey Tuesday condemned the arrest of Gandhian Anna Hazare.
"(We) condemn the refusal of permission by Delhi Police to Hazare and his team to fast peacefully," they said in a statement.
"While we disagree with some of India Against Corruption`s demands, (we) support their fundamental democratic right to peacefully protest.
"We demand that the authorities immediately give permission (to them) to hold their peaceful protest without imposing unreasonable conditions."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people