Activists condemn Hazare arrest
New Delhi: Social activists Aruna Roy and Nikhil Dey Tuesday condemned the arrest of Gandhian Anna Hazare.
"(We) condemn the refusal of permission by Delhi Police to Hazare and his team to fast peacefully," they said in a statement.
"While we disagree with some of India Against Corruption`s demands, (we) support their fundamental democratic right to peacefully protest.
"We demand that the authorities immediately give permission (to them) to hold their peaceful protest without imposing unreasonable conditions."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what