Activists protest in J&K, Hisar over killing of Army jawans
Jammu: BJP on Friday held protest demonstrations in Samba and Udhampur districts of Jammu and Kashmir over the brutal killing two Indian soldiers by the Pakistan army.
Led by District President Prakash Chander Ganga, over 150 activists of the party held a protest march in Samba district against the killing of two Army jawans by Pakistani troops near Mendhar sector across the Line of Control (LoC).
The activists also burnt the effigies and flags of Pakistan.
"Pak army has been barbaric and inhuman--This act of carrying head of one of the Indian soldier is most inhuman and extreme act of disrespect to the deceased," Ganga told reporters here.
"Centre should call off all bilateral talks for peace and other confidence building measures (CBMs). Country should give a befitting reply to Pakistan," he said.
It is because of the inconsistent and soft policy of the union government that such acts take place repeatedly and the culprits go unpunished, he alleged.
The state unit of CPI(M) also criticised the brutal killing of the Indian soldiers, saying the recent incidents of violence between the two neighbouring countries have taken the situation "back to square one".
"I urge the leadership of the two neighbouring countries to arrest down-slide in border situation which has generated fear and panic among the people... Whoever is to blame and whatever the cause, the skirmishes in any case risk the prosperity and security of two countries that have far more in common than the areas of suspicion and discard," party state secretary M Y Tarigami said in a statement here.
Meanwhile, the ex-servicemen`s cell of the BJP in Chandigarh strongly protested against the brutal killing of two Army jawans by Pakistani Army by intruding into Indian Territory.
A large number of party activists gathered at the party headquarter here in Sector-33 and raised anti-Pakistan slogans.
Similar demonstrations were also held in Hisar in Haryana, where activists of Yuva Congress today protested outside the Congress Bhawan against the violent incident in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'