Actor Raghubir Yadav out of jail, pays part of alimony due
Mumbai: Two days after languishing in jail,
actor Raghubir Yadav, arrested in connection with an alimony
case lodged by his estranged wife, was on Monday released after he
paid half of the arrears.
Yadav, against whom a warrant was issued by the court in
September for failing to appear before it despite regular
summons, was arrested on Friday night at the Mumbai Central
His estranged wife, Purnima had approached the court in
2002 after the actor failed to pay maintenance for four years.
The duo tied the knot in 1988 and divorced in 1996.
"Raghubir was directed to pay alimony of Rs 20,000 per month,
which was later brought down to Rs 10,000. Till date, he had
not paid a single paisa to Purnima. There are arrears of Rs
4.5 lakh," Purnima`s lawyer Sumangal Biradar said.
Yadav was today produced before the Bandra family court,
where he paid half of the Rs 4.5 lakh arrears and gave an
undertaking that he would pay the remaining amount on June
The actor, who has been evading arrest since September
last, was sent to the Arthur Road prison in central Mumbai on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city