Actor Raghubir Yadav out of jail, pays part of alimony due
Mumbai: Two days after languishing in jail,
actor Raghubir Yadav, arrested in connection with an alimony
case lodged by his estranged wife, was on Monday released after he
paid half of the arrears.
Yadav, against whom a warrant was issued by the court in
September for failing to appear before it despite regular
summons, was arrested on Friday night at the Mumbai Central
His estranged wife, Purnima had approached the court in
2002 after the actor failed to pay maintenance for four years.
The duo tied the knot in 1988 and divorced in 1996.
"Raghubir was directed to pay alimony of Rs 20,000 per month,
which was later brought down to Rs 10,000. Till date, he had
not paid a single paisa to Purnima. There are arrears of Rs
4.5 lakh," Purnima`s lawyer Sumangal Biradar said.
Yadav was today produced before the Bandra family court,
where he paid half of the Rs 4.5 lakh arrears and gave an
undertaking that he would pay the remaining amount on June
The actor, who has been evading arrest since September
last, was sent to the Arthur Road prison in central Mumbai on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Priyanka Chopra, Saroj Khan honoured at Fempowerment awards
- We should protect and preserve our unity, integrity: PM on GST
- Honda Activa contributes 38% of incremental industry sales in July
- Banks not fully understanding problems of SMEs: Commerce and Industry Minister
- West Indies vs India: 2nd T20I — As it happened...