Actress Ranjita, a sincere devotee: Nityananda
Bangalore: Breaking his silence over
actress Ranjita after her name was linked with him for alleged
involvement in sleazy acts, self-styled godman Nityananda
described her as a "sincere and a humble devotee" and said he
was hurt by the pain caused to her and her family.
"When the scam broke out, I did not feel hurt for
myself but I felt clearly hurt for all the pain and suffering
caused to my devotees, especially Ranjita," Nityananda, who
recently won his freedom to "preach", said in a Youtube
"People who wanted to attack me, wanted to take
revenge, they should have done it directly," said Nityananda,
who spent more than 50 days in jail after charges of rape were
filed against him following telecast of footage by a TV
channel showing him in a compromising position with Ranjita.
"They could have done a thousand things. But they
should not have ruined the life of my devotee," he said.
Referring to Ranjita, he said she was a sincere and
humble devotee and he felt `gravely hurt` for the suffering
caused to her and her family. He said he had sent his prayers
and blessing to the family members.
"She is such a wonderful devotee who has done so much
voluntary work for the organisation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar