Actress-turned politician Ramya, Suresh take oath
New Delhi: Two newly elected Congress members from Karnataka - actress-turned politician Ramya and DK Suresh - took oath in the Lok Sabha on Monday.
The new members took oath in Kannada language soon after the House met for the day.
In the recently held by-elections, multi-lingual actress Ramya on her electoral debut had defeated CS Puttaraju of JD (S) in Mandya, the nucleus of his party`s Vokkaliga vote base, by 67,611 votes.
Suresh, brother of state party leader D K Shivakumar, had defeated former Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy`s wife Anitha Kumaraswamy of JD(S) by over 1.37 lakh votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'