Actress-turned politician Ramya, Suresh take oath
New Delhi: Two newly elected Congress members from Karnataka - actress-turned politician Ramya and DK Suresh - took oath in the Lok Sabha on Monday.
The new members took oath in Kannada language soon after the House met for the day.
In the recently held by-elections, multi-lingual actress Ramya on her electoral debut had defeated CS Puttaraju of JD (S) in Mandya, the nucleus of his party`s Vokkaliga vote base, by 67,611 votes.
Suresh, brother of state party leader D K Shivakumar, had defeated former Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy`s wife Anitha Kumaraswamy of JD(S) by over 1.37 lakh votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH