Actress-turned politician Ramya, Suresh take oath
New Delhi: Two newly elected Congress members from Karnataka - actress-turned politician Ramya and DK Suresh - took oath in the Lok Sabha on Monday.
The new members took oath in Kannada language soon after the House met for the day.
In the recently held by-elections, multi-lingual actress Ramya on her electoral debut had defeated CS Puttaraju of JD (S) in Mandya, the nucleus of his party`s Vokkaliga vote base, by 67,611 votes.
Suresh, brother of state party leader D K Shivakumar, had defeated former Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy`s wife Anitha Kumaraswamy of JD(S) by over 1.37 lakh votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days