Actress-turned politician Ramya, Suresh take oath
New Delhi: Two newly elected Congress members from Karnataka - actress-turned politician Ramya and DK Suresh - took oath in the Lok Sabha on Monday.
The new members took oath in Kannada language soon after the House met for the day.
In the recently held by-elections, multi-lingual actress Ramya on her electoral debut had defeated CS Puttaraju of JD (S) in Mandya, the nucleus of his party`s Vokkaliga vote base, by 67,611 votes.
Suresh, brother of state party leader D K Shivakumar, had defeated former Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy`s wife Anitha Kumaraswamy of JD(S) by over 1.37 lakh votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea