Ad featuring former Pak air chief cost Govt Rs 11 lakh
New Delhi: The controversial
advertisement featuring former Pakistani Air chief was among
four ads released to a newspaper to commemorate National Girl
Child Day that cost the government around Rs 11 lakh.
This was disclosed by Women and Child Development
Minister Krishna Tirath in Rajya Sabha Monday.
Replying to questions, Tirath said an inquiry has been
set up by her Ministry to look into the "inadvertent lapse" of
printing the picture of former Pakistan Air chief Tanvir Ahmed
along with that of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA
chairperson Sonia Gandhi on January 24.
"The Ministry has released four half-page
advertisements in `The Times of India` Delhi edition on the
occasion of National Girl Child Day as per advertisement
policy of government through DAVP. The total cost of these
advertisements was Rs 10,90,136," she said.
On the terms of reference for the inquiry, she said
the panel has been asked to probe into the sequence of events
starting from reception of proposal for special
advertisements, preparation of design, layouts and the actual
handing over of the approved design to DAVP for release of the
It will also inquire the reasons which led to the
inclusion of the former Pakistan Air chief`s picture in the
advertisement and those responsible for the lapse.
The panel will find out whether the lapse was
"inadvertent or otherwise", Tirath said, adding the role and
responsibility of the Ministry and that of DAVP in the whole
issue would be inquired into. It will look into the existing
procedures in the Ministry for preparation and release of
It will also suggest remedial measures to prevent such
lapses in future.
The inquiry report is yet to be submitted to the
Ministry, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video