Adarsh scam: Army to probe Maj Gen Hooda`s role
New Delhi: The Army on Saturday ordered a court of
inquiry into the Adarsh Housing Society scam in Mumbai and the
alleged role of senior serving and retired officers, including
Major General RK Hooda, in it.
"Yes, a court of inquiry has been ordered in the
Adarsh Society episode and certainly Major General RK Hooda
figures among those who will be examined," a senior officer in
the Army headquarters here told PTI.
The Army`s Pune-based Southern Command headquarters
ordered the probe to find out how these officers had issued a
No-Objection Certificate to the private housing society to
construct a 31-storeyed complex on a plot in Kolaba.
Maj Gen Hooda was the Mumbai-based Area Commander for
Maharashtra, Gujarat and Goa.
The 104-apartment Society got embroiled in a
controversy after the Navy had raised concerns over security
as the building over-looked important military installations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred