Adarsh scam: Gadkari for dismissal of Maha govt
New Delhi: Demanding dismissal of Maharashtra
government for its alleged involvement in the Adarsh Housing
Society scam, BJP chief Nitin Gadkari Monday said there seems
to be a "constitutional breakdown" in the state as possible
replacements for Ashok Chavan also face corruption charges.
"The milestone of corruption that Maharashtra government
has established has tarnished the name of Maharashtra
throughout the country. In the last few days Maharashtra
government has broken all records of corruption. And due to
this, governance of Maharashtra has been affected.
"In the Chief Minister`s office, his PA, PS, and his close
associates have been given flats. Relatives have also been
given flats," he told reporters.
He insisted that such a government has no right to
continue in office and should be dismissed immediately.
Gadkari took dig at the Congress, saying it was caught in
a dilemma about removing Chavan from the chief minister`s post
as it could not find a party leader with a clean image to
"Looking at this situation, if the Congress removes him
(Chavan) on charges of corruption, then those who can be
brought in his place also have charges of corruption. And so
they are not able to find an alternative. This is like a
constitutional breakdown. Hence such a government has no right
to continue in office. This is not good for the country and
for democracy," Gadkari said.
He alleged that officers in CMO as well as ministers were
involved in housing scam and said BJP leaders from Maharashtra
had already met the Governor and put forward their demand for
dismissal of the government.
The principal opposition would also raise this issue in
Parliament in the forthcoming session.
"We have 100 such examples of corruption (in Congress
regimes and the Centre) and will raise them forcefully in both
Houses of Parliament," Gadkari said.
In reply to a question, the BJP chief said a thorough
inquiry should be conducted in the scam and all those found
guilty, whatever party they belong to, should be brought to
Gadkari alleged that land grab and scandals had become
blatant in Mumbai and asked the Centre to investigate who all
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok